In his April 1, 2020 Order, Governor DeSantis has ordered, effective 12:01 a.m. on April 3, 2020 until April 30, 2020, that:
- Senior citizens and individuals with significant underlying medical conditions are to stay at home and take all measures to limit their risk of exposure to COVID-19;
- All other persons in Florida are to limit their movements and personal interactions outside the home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services.
Along with critical medical, law enforcement, infrastructure, telecommunications, food, etc., as outlined in the Department of Homeland Security Advisory Memorandum (attached to the Order), the term “essential services” includes:
- Attending religious services;
- Outdoor exercise such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, or swimming;
- Taking care of pets; and
- Caring for loved ones or friends.
Boards of directors for community associations should observe the Order and advise its residents as necessary.
Continue to consult the following websites for further information during this crisis:
- The Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/
- The CDC Coronavirus Resource Page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- The Florida Department of Health 2019 Novel Coronavirus Response (COVID-19): https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
As always, call (941)203-6075 or email me with any questions. My best wishes to you and your communities. Stay safe!